- This event has passed.
Getting Started with Cake Decorating with Sarah Thomas
June 28 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pmSorry Sold out!
Sarah Thomas of The Cupcake Oven is a multi-award winning sugar artist, including 6 Gold Awards at Cake International. A regular contributor to magazines and publications, she has been teaching sugar art and baking skills to students from around the world for many years. A patient tutor, she loves sharing her knowledge.
This class is perfect if you are just starting out on cake decorating, or if you have been playing for a while and just needs some extra guidance and help.
Do you find it difficult to get a nice circle of paste, with even thickness all over? Struggling with rips or tears in your sugarpaste? Hate the dreaded “elephant skin?
Then this is the class for you!
We will cover all the basics and troubleshoot any questions and concerns you may have encountered in the past. PLUS make beautiful sugarcraft decorations!
At this class you will learn:
- How to prepare, torte and fill, then crumb coat a real sponge cake
- How to cover your cake with smooth sugarpaste icing
- How to cover a cake board ready for your cake
- Transporting a cake to the board!
- How colours work. Get the right balance and mix to make your cakes stunning
- How to make a wide selection of decorations to place onto your cake
– How to use sugarcraft tools to get more from your cutters
- The easiest way to use moulds
- How to arrange pieces onto your cake
- Attaching decorations so they stay put!
- Finishing details
This Workshop includes a lovely homemade lunch and refreshments.